Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

My cat has long hair, and twice she has had feces caught in her hair near her anus. So I cut the hair that was around her anus so it's not so long so it won't get caught when she goes to the bathroom. Is this okay? When I cut her hair she didn't react but I am just wondering if I am causing harm to my kitten.



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

No harm as long as you're careful not to cut her skin.



Some of these long hair guys actually get completely shaved on occasion (with the exception of the feet, head, and tip of the tail) to battle matts and for easier upkeep.



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

No - that's fine. Groomers often do a "sanity trim" around cats' and dogs' butts to prevent this. I would definitely recommend, though, that one person holds your cat while you careful trim the hair. Otherwise you might end up poking the cat with the scissors if it squirms from your grasp.



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

No, it's fine. I know people who shave the entire cat! Actually she probably appreciates it, cats like to be clean.



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

u should take her to petsmart to get her groomed.thats prolly a lot safer!!!



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

it won't hurt her to trim the hair down there. its no different that when you or I get our hair cut. it probably helps her more than anything and I'm sure she appreciated not getting a bath



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

yep keep your kitty happy and healthy! lots of people do it..



she will be just fine! :)



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

Yeah, not a problem at all, Rashida. I cut the "ruff" of long fur around my Birman's neck in summer, as it gets full of tangles and burrs, and she can't deal with it herself.



To the kids at home: don't do this without adult supervision, and don't attempt to shave the cat! LOL



NEVER cut the cat's whiskers.



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

you need to trim long hair cats' fur when they become matted or tangled in feces to prevent them from getting infections and other related illnesses



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

nice!



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

no htats fine as long as the hair is long enough to cut and u dont cut the skin it is fine ood luck :)



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

thats okay, some cats get this problem, and when you do this it stops flies zooming around that area, just be careful you dont snip her skin.



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

No harm whatsoever..I have a long haired cat and I take mine to the vet to have it done.I have all of his hair shaved, this way it eliminates all that shedding, matting, and in the meantime keeps him so cool. I love the way he looks..



Is it okay to cut a cat's hair?

Thank you for asking this question for I am having the same problem. My fat farm cat will not allow us to trim her down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email web hosting